Do you have a burning passion for something that the world needs to know about? Can you speak about it? Is it a remarkable idea worth spreading? Will it entertain, inspire and inform us all at the same time? Is it suited to a TED-like experience? If you answered yes to most of these questions, you can and should apply to become one of the next TEDxCapeTown speakers!
TEDx is not just a conference, it is a filmed production, and speaking at TEDxCapeTown is about much more than your appearance on stage. We are building a community of people who are engaging in meaningful change. Your attitude towards creating community and paying it forward is as important as your idea worth spreading!
What topics can your talk be about?
We welcome talks about any topic. The more diverse, the better. This can range from technology, astronomy, design and entertainment to art, environmental science, leadership, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, anthropology, psychology, philosophy, and more.
Who are we looking for?
- The inventor – sharing an innovation with world-changing potential
- The teacher – sharing valuable knowledge in a memorable way to teenagers or adults
- The prodigy – young talent ready to break free
- The artist – showcasing inspiring work in a compelling new way
- The performer – staging music, comedy, dance, drama or something completely different
- The sage – wisdom the world needs from those who have learned it the hard way
- The enthusiast – with an infectious passion about a topic they can share
- The change agent – helping shape the world’s future with work that matters
- The storyteller – vivid, original and meaningful, with a talent for connection
- The spark – with a powerful idea worth spreading
How do you get started?
Empower yourself by making sure that you fully understand what these type of events are all about. It’s so much more than the average conference, rather it is more like a filmed production dedicated to ideas worth spreading! Take a moment to go behind the scenes of the last major event hosted by TEDxCapeTown, Hear to Listen and listen to what the speakers had to say. Immersing yourself in the various TED talks available on the internet. Perhaps also take a look at the official TED speaker guideline
What commitment is expected from speakers?
We are flexible and accommodating, but we do expect a high level of commitment from speakers. We expect you to take part in the process to prepare you for the intellectual performance of your career. If you cannot commit to these requirements we reserve the right to exclude you from the final speaker line up.
There are a number of events you will be expected to attend. Dates are subject to change based on how your talk journey goes.