Has the urgent call for collective human action against climate change left you wondering what difference you could make? Are you leading an honest, hard-working life but feel disillusioned about the path humanity seems to be on? Are you unsure what to do about it?
Come and join a morning gathering with TEDxCapeTown at the Stor-Age facility in Gardens, where we’ll be unpacking some of these thoughts; screening talks, hearing from speakers who’ve grappled with these questions themselves and enjoy group discussions to declutter our anxieties … inside of Stor-Age units!
SCHEDULE FOR THE DAY
- 10H00 - Arrival and introductions
TED/TEDx Video Screenings:
- 10H30 - The Science Behind a Climate Headline
- 10H40 - Why Climate Change is a Threat to Human Rights
- 11H10 - Climate music Insert from Sustainable Sarah | Cape Town Based Climate Activist
- 11H30 - The Wilderness Experience
- 11H40 - Reconnect with Nature to Tackle Climate Change
- 11H55 - Q&A Session
12H15 - Workshop: 'Active Hope - Reconnecting with Nature and Ourselves'
Conservation Biologist and past TEDxCapeTown speaker, Wendy Foden, will facilitate this workshop using a methodology she has developed for addressing Climate Change on a personal level.
13H00 - Wrap up and end